Monday, July 26, 2010

COMIC-CON Film School 2010 is a WRAP!



The dionysian marathon that is Comic-Con is over, and I have finally slept.

This was year seven of the Film School, and I dare say this was our best year yet. The audience was fabulous, everybody had great questions, and my panelists were superb.

I also find it funny that even though we all live in LA, Comic-Con is the only time I see most of these people. What's awesome, is that there's now a group of folks who come by every year to hang out at the Film School, and I find myself looking forward to seeing them each time. I feel bad, because the class is pretty much the same every year, but they still come by every morning. Out of all the things I wind up doing at the convention, this is, I think, the best part. Walking into that screening room each morning and seeing my friends, (both attendees and panelists,) makes me wanna do this forever.


(I have no idea how Doug Jones wound up in the photo with us.)

Comic-Con also did a fabulous job programming this year. I went to several very cool panels, and got to hear some of my favorite creators talk about how they do what they do.

And as an added bonus, the premier of Lost Boys 3 took place at my hotel on Friday night! Now, obviously, that in and of itself is some Vampire badassness, but the coolest part is that my friend Kent Kubena PRODUCED the thing! The movie's a whole lotta fun, with some nice additions to the genre, including some very creative ways of killing Vampires. I walked out of that screening very happy, and when a WB guy grabbed me and said, "Do you wanna give your reactions on camera?' I was like..."Yeah, I've got somethin' to say about this movie."

And it looks like I made the final cut. (My part's near the end.)



I would have gone to see this movie even if Kent hadn't had anything to do with it, because, VAMPIRES, but it was fun to sneak into his EPK without him knowing. :)

1 comment:

spartacus said...

That looks pretty cool. I'll have to see it. Nice comment from you. You got more in there than most fans.