Tuesday, June 29, 2010

VAMPIRE CON!

Vampire Con was last weekend!



What do you mean, "What the hell is Vampire Con?"



VAMPIRE CON

This was year 2 of the convention, which is basically a big gathering of people who love Vampires. There are Vampire products sold, costume contests, and best of all: Movie Screenings!

Imagine just how goofy the smile on my face was when I found out that they were showing Werner Herzog's 1979 remake of Nosferatu!



The only way I've ever seen this movie was on an old VHS copy, so I HAD to see it projected on a real screen. Film geek aside, the coolest thing about seeing it at this venue was sitting in a theater packed with Vampire fans. It was like watching it with a crowd of myself.



They were even selling Vampire chocolate and Vampire water at the concessions counter!

WIN.

Countess Lotti throws this event each year, and she really does a great job. It's so much fun hanging out with a breed of fan who are familiar with more than just Twilight. Don't get me wrong...I'll be at the theater this weekend to see Eclipse, but there's definitely a difference in the vibe.

And Vampire WATER!

Who knew?

No comments: